State Fair Family Day-October 18th, 2017

On Wednesday last week, we went to our first fair here in Raleigh. First off, even though it was in the middle of the week, parking was a bit hectic. I drove my mother in law, Elizabeth and Charles to the fair. We knew the traffic was a bit bad, but also the parking was about $10, but it was expected anyway. Didn't take a lot of pictures, because we wanted to immerse ourselves in the experience. Oh yeah, I had to drive the MIL's car, because hubby was at work and would meet us there. It was funny that we left before the hubby did and he got to the fairgrounds before we did (it was my hesitant thinking of not going to the $10 parking area). 

Any who, this was also Charles' first time riding any real rides. *FYI, we never really took Charles to the fair in Maui because he wouldn't have rode the rides at all because of fear*. But, we thought that this was the perfect time to take Charles to ride the rides, plus he was interested. There were some rides that Charles just didn't want to ride and refused even though he agreed on it. Then, there were some that he did want to ride, but we thought he should have one of us to ride with him, because we saw on the news about a kid getting hurt, because he got out of his seat. 

Charles went on and rode the first ride with his dad. They rode a roller coaster, he seemed content when the MIL and I were watching them on the sidelines. Afterwards, Charles choose me to ride the pirate ship cups, I think that's what they are called. But it's where you spin the middle and the seat spins. We tried spinning it, and it didn't go as fast. Not sure, it was because we weren't trying too hard, but I was glad that Charles had a blast. Our last ride was called the Surf Shack, it was like riding a bus that spun around in circles. It made me a bit scared, but I got over it. 

Afterwards, we went and got food. I shared chili cheese fries with the little guy. He ate some fries without anything on it. We enjoyed our dinners and then went for dessert afterwards. I shared fried Oreos with Charles, the hubby had fried Twix and the MIL had a tasty funnel cake. 

Overall, our fair time was great and that we had blast and hoping to go again next year. 

Comments