The Hazel Wood Review

REVIEW FOR THE HAZEL WOOD 

 First I want to say that this was one of my favorite books this year, so far. I had the pleasure of reading this book before my loan was expired.
.
.
.
🌹1. SUMMARY Seventeen-year-old Alice and her mother have spent most of Alice’s life on the road, always a step ahead of the uncanny bad luck biting at their heels. But when Alice’s grandmother, the reclusive author of a cult-classic book of pitch-dark fairy tales, dies alone on her estate, the Hazel Wood, Alice learns how bad her luck can really get: her mother is stolen away―by a figure who claims to come from the Hinterland, the cruel supernatural world where her grandmother's stories are set. Alice's only lead is the message her mother left behind: “Stay away from the Hazel Wood.”

🌹Alice has long steered clear of her grandmother’s cultish fans. But now she has no choice but to ally with classmate Ellery Finch, a Hinterland superfan who may have his own reasons for wanting to help her. To retrieve her mother, Alice must venture first to the Hazel Wood, then into the world where her grandmother's tales began―and where she might find out how her own story went so wrong.
.
🌹2. MY THOUGHTS My initial thought was the cover was beautiful and very detailed and I thought to read this book because of all the hype buzzing around. When I started reading I was drawn in by the way Alice and her mother Ella seemed to be moving around a lot because of their so called bad luck. After her mother, Ellas marriage starting to fail, she realizes throughout her day at work that she goes missing. To me, in this world, as they call it Earth, versus the Hinterland. The stories, mainly the book that Alice's grandmother, Althea, wrote is hard to come by and shakes me like why is it so rare. There was no romance.
.
🌹I also had some "Alice in Wonderland halfway through the book, but that was just my opinion. Overall, I recommend this anyone looking a dark tale to read.
.
🌹It is a 5🌟 read in my book and I couldn't put it down.
.
.
#bookstagrammer #bookstagram #instalove #book #reading #readingislife #bookworm #booknerd #bookstalove #readingisfunsofun #bookster #readingissowonderful  #thehazelwood

Comments